Garlic can kill many microbes, including the fungi that infect the skin. Infuse freshly crushed garlic in olive or mullein flower oil for ear infections and mites in cats and dogs.
Herbal Oil Infusions
Cold Infusion: Add 4 crushed cloves to a jar containing 1/4 cup olive oil. Let stand at room temperature for three days.
- Crush 4 or 5 fresh garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife, remove skin and mince.
- Add minced garlic to 200 ml virgin olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Heat over a medium flame until just hot.
- When the garlic cloves begin to bubble turn off heat.
- Put a close fitting lid on the pan and steep for 4 to 5 hours.
- Strain oil into sterile jar, then pour about 30 ml in a dark colored tincture bottle with a syringe top, reserving the rest in the refrigerator.
- Apply a few drops of oil at a time to the infected ear, while massaging the base of the ear to work in.
Drain and repeat as necessary.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Pet :Cats and dogs have health concerns that mirror our own. However, they can react very differently to herbs and foods we consume with no problem.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies