Home recipes for herbs, teas and oils - Natural Beauty and Family Health
Ginger root tea is a light golden color, and the taste is spicy, hot, and sweet. The fresh root makes a slightly sweet tea, dried ginger is slightly hotter and drier. Ginger is one of my favorite teas, as a single ingredient and as an addition to other herbal blends. You should drink ginger tea daily for a healthy tonic.
|Additions: lemon, honey, |
|Variations:Add ginger to any tea blend where added warmth and energy is wanted|
Drink 1-3 cups of ginger tea daily. Adding just a touch of honey brings out the spicy flavor, and protects the stomach.
- Grate or thinly slice ginger. Use a generous teaspoon of ginger for each cup of water.
- Add to cold water and bring to a boil over medium heat in a covered saucepan.
- Gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and steep until cool enough to drink.
- Alternatively, you can prepare fresh ginger as an infusion for a lighter taste.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Amenorrhea :Amenorrhea, the medical term for the loss of periods in women who should be having regular periods, is a sign that something in the body has gone wrong.
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Bruises/sprains :Life is full of bumps and bruises, from childhood on into old age. Bruises are
the result of bleeding when the tiny capillaries under the skin are damaged,
usually by an injury.
- Cardiovascular :Herbal remedies for the heart focus on how to prevent heart disease and maintain cardiovascular health.
- Cholesterol : High cholesterol is directly linked to diet and lifestyle and as such,
using herbs as medicinal foods should be a first line defense and treatment.
- Colds : Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs.
- Digestion : Poor digestion, gas and bloating affect us all, and there are plenty of good herbal home remedies that help occasional heartburn.
- Flu : Flu, or influenza is not just a severe cold, the flu is caused by a virus. The flu is very contagious,
and preventative measures should include antiseptic and antiviral herbs.
- Gout :Gout, one of the most painful forms of arthritis, is found primarily in men. While we can't cure it, we do have several highly effective herbal treatments to control it.
- Headache/Migraine :Headaches can be triggered by a variety of factors, such as muscle tension, fatigue and emotional upsets.
- Holiday_stress :Holiday Blues? This is the time of year we let go and indulge ourselves in rich foods and strong drink.
- IBS :Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), is a debilitating disorder of the intestines
that comes with abdominal pain, cramps,gas and bloating, and irregular bowel
- Nausea :Use these simple remedies for quick relief of nausea, nervous stomach, motion
sickness, morning sickness and quell nausea of all types.
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies