White willow can be used to help break a low grade fever, and to relieve the body aches that accompany colds. According to Dr. Duke, a daily cup or two of willow bark tea would probably provide the equivalent of the low aspirin dose recommended for heart attack prevention. One very good thing about willow bark tea is that it is easy on the stomach, unlike aspirin.
White Willow *
|Additions: Lemon and Honey|
: Use the chopped bark, not the powdered bark to make your tea. (The powder tends to leave a gritty residue in the tea.) Add ginger to enhance the flavor and help activate the willow bark.
|Source: Duke,James, Ph.D. (2000). "The Green Pharmacy Herbal Handbook"
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Colds : Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs.
- Fever :Herbs that reduce fever are used extensively in herbal remedies for colds, flu
and viral infections.
- Fibromyalgia :Fibromyalgia pain is often accompanied by anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue
- Herbal Decoctions :Unlike infusions, decoctions are boiled. Woody roots, non-aromatic seeds and barks are suited to this method. Tools: You will need a non-reactive, heavy saucepan. I use a Corningware 1 quart pan
- Pain Relief :Herbal remedies can bring blessed relief from body aches, sore muscles, headaches and arthritis pain..
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies