This native American drink was the beverage of choice for the good guys in the old West. Sarsaparilla will immediately remind you of drinking old fashioned root beer.
Not for long term, daily use. |
Blend sarsaparilla with juniper and nettle root when cleansing the system of infection and inflammation. Add cinnamon to taste|
|Additions: cinnamon, and a little raw honey.|
:Use 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried, chopped root for each cup of water. Bring to a slow boil, turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes in a covered pan. You will smell the aroma as this root tea simmers on the stove.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Detoxification :Regular use of depurative herbs will help detox your body and most importantly support your liver. Poor liver function is one of the most common root causes of poor health.
- Eczema :Eczema, or dermatitis, is characterized by dry, hot, itchy skin that can become
raw and bleeding in severe cases
- Gout :Gout, one of the most painful forms of arthritis, is found primarily in men. While we can't cure it, we do have several highly effective herbal treatments to control it.
- Herbal Decoctions :Unlike infusions, decoctions are boiled. Woody roots, non-aromatic seeds and barks are suited to this method. Tools: You will need a non-reactive, heavy saucepan. I use a Corningware 1 quart pan
- Psoriasis : Unlike skin conditions that are the result of external causes, psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, and runs in families (like
it does in mine).
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies