Long term use can reduce stress, enhance libido and calm the nerves. Useful as a tonic for chronic inflammatory conditions like arthritis. Ashwagandha acts as a mild sedative, its botanical name is somnifera so it is best taken in the evening.
- 1 teaspoon powdered or chopped Ashwagandha root
- 1/8 teaspoon Long Pepper
Ashwagandha * Long Pepper *
|Variations:Add your choice of pungent, heating herbs: Ginger, Pepper, Cayenne, Clove|
:Make a mild decoction of 1 teaspoon of dried root to each cup of water. Drink a small portion 3 times daily over a 2 to 3 week period to start feeling the effects. Powdered root can also be infused with hot milk and honey
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Ayurvedic :Ayurveda, the ancient medical system of India, is a holistic system that encompasses
the healing of the body, mind and spirit through diet, lifestyle and cleansing.
- Herbal Decoctions :Unlike infusions, decoctions are boiled. Woody roots, non-aromatic seeds and barks are suited to this method. Tools: You will need a non-reactive, heavy saucepan. I use a Corningware 1 quart pan
- Libido :For both men and women, herbal remedies to enhance libido not only improve
your sex life but nourish your overall health and enhance your sense of well-being.
- Liver :A healthy liver is the foundation of health, and inversely, a failing liver is life threatening. Herbs can help
- Longevity Tonics :Tonic herbs for longevity can be taken in small amounts over a long period of time, and are not meant to alter or effect any one symptom or disease.
- Men :There are areas of interest natural health that are of special concern to men,
However, several herbs, notably
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.
- Stress :Helping the body deal with chronic stress is the very definition of an adaptogenic herb.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies