The phytoestrogens in dong quai work with the body's natural estrogen, optimizing female hormones. This action enhances sexual responsiveness, and has a tonic effect on a whole range of menstrual problems including menopause, painful menses, hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings. Dong quai's other qualities include, liver protection, pain relief, and strong antibacterial actions. Dong quai increases production of white blood cells strengthening the immune system, which may play a role in cancer prevention.
Dong quai blends well with peony root,
licorice, wild yam, black cohosh and
vitex (chaste berry).|
Dong Quai *
:Use one teaspoonful of herbal blend to each cup boiling water. Infuse for 10 minutes and drink warm. Add honey and cinnamon to improve taste.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Amenorrhea :Amenorrhea, the medical term for the loss of periods in women who should be having regular periods, is a sign that something in the body has gone wrong.
- Cancer Prevention :There are many nourishing herbs that have anti-tumor properties which can and should be incorporated into a healthy lifestyle.
- Chinese : In TCM, herbs such as astragalus, ginseng, codonopsis and fo-ti are most often blended with other herbs to treat treat loss of appetite, diarrhea, high blood pressure, stress, insomnia and graying hair.
- Female Hormones :Natural hormones for women help support natural estrogen and testosterone levels. Female hormonal balance is an important factor in the overall health of women
- Libido :For both men and women, herbal remedies to enhance libido not only improve
your sex life but nourish your overall health and enhance your sense of well-being.
- Liver :A healthy liver is the foundation of health, and inversely, a failing liver is life threatening. Herbs can help
- Longevity Tonics :Tonic herbs for longevity can be taken in small amounts over a long period of time, and are not meant to alter or effect any one symptom or disease.
- Menopause :Unlike hormone replacement therapy which artificially raises a woman's estrogen
levels, herbal treatments seek to address hormonal balance
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies