Chickweed is valued by herbalists for its skin healing properties, minor burns, skin irritations, and rashes particularly when associated with dryness and itching. M. Grieve tells us "The plant chopped and boiled in lard makes a fine green cooling ointment that may be employed to treat acne, psoriasis, and eczema." A modernization of this old method is to use the dried aerial parts (leaves, flowers and stems), and macerate with certified organic olive oil (following the directions for herb infused oil)..
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Cuts & Wounds : Knowing how to use simple home remedies for healing and disinfecting cuts and
scrapes an important part in taking care of your family and yourself.
- Eczema :Eczema, or dermatitis, is characterized by dry, hot, itchy skin that can become
raw and bleeding in severe cases
- Herb_Infused_Oil :Herb infused oils are easy to make, even for beginning home herbalists. A warm sunny window, dried or fresh herbs, organic olive oil and a little time is all you need. Remedies using comfrey, calendula, St. Johns wort and others are indispensable healing agents for healing agent for treating cuts, scrapes, chapped skin, diaper rash, eczema, and windburn etc..
- Insect/flea Bites :Herbal oils make excellent after-bite remedies because they
calm the inflammation, reduce itching, are antibacterial and regenerative to
- Psoriasis : Unlike skin conditions that are the result of external causes, psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, and runs in families (like
it does in mine).
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.