This traditional American tonic is slightly sweet, spicy and warm. Sassafras is a staple of the American south and recipes for this brew have been handed down for generations.
Sassafras is controversial, mainly due to the presents of the the essential oil, safrole. |
Sassafras root blends well with sarsaparilla and ginger |
|Additions: Sweeten with raw honey|
|Variations:Add clove and or cinnamon|
:Use 1 tablespoon of the chopped root in 3 cups of cold water. Bring to boil slowly, and simmer 10 min.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Detoxification :Regular use of depurative herbs will help detox your body and most importantly support your liver. Poor liver function is one of the most common root causes of poor health.
- Longevity Tonics :Tonic herbs for longevity can be taken in small amounts over a long period of time, and are not meant to alter or effect any one symptom or disease.
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.
- Spring Tonics :Spring tonics are intended to help
quicken the senses and cleanse the body after a long winter.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies