Home recipes for herbs, teas and oils - Natural Beauty and Family Health
Cayenne is gently warming to creaky joints, unlike the burning sensation you get with capsaicin creams. When the coconut oil is in its solid state, it stays put better on my lower back.
Cayenne powder can be irritating to skin. Test your sensitivity on a small area before widespread use.|
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons cayenne powder
Cayenne Pepper * Coconut Oil *
- If the coconut is solid heat gently until it liquefies.
- Stir in the cayenne powder, mixing well.
- Place in a warm location where it will be convenient to stir occasionally.
- I use my yogurt maker on the kitchen table, but a sunny window or warm cupboard will do.
- After 7 to 10 days stop stirring.
Keep the coconut oil warm so it does not become solid yet. Give the powder time to settle to the bottom of the jar. This can be 2 to 3 days. When the oil is clear(er), pour off the top into a clean jar, discarding the gunky powder residue .
- Coconut oil is solid at room temperatures below 75 degrees, so this salve becomes more of an oil in the summer if you don't keep it cool. You will want a container flexible enough that you can either pour or dip, depending
on the solid/liquid state of the coconut oil.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Nerve/Back Pain : Nerve pain is more difficult to treat than other types of muscle and joint
pain. This is something you know well if you have had a lower back injury or
slipped disc; sciatica can be devastating.
- Pain Relief :Herbal remedies can bring blessed relief from body aches, sore muscles, headaches and arthritis pain..
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.
- Salve :Home recipes for healing balms and salves for your home herbalist first aid kit. Blister balms, cold sores, cuts, scrapes, rashes, sunburn, good for almost any skin irritations.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies