Good quality, real organic vanilla extract is expensive, about $6/oz but the good news is you can make for less than 1 dollar an ounce, which is great news for those of us who savor rich vanilla flavor. Great for gifting too.
- Step 1: Start with whole organic vanilla pods, split 3 or 4 of the pods lengthwise, leaving the top 1/2 inch of the pod connected.
- Step 2: Place the spit bean pods in a clean glass jar and add about a pint of 80 - 100 proof vodka
- Step 3: Place in a cool, dark place to macerate. Good, full-flavored vanilla extract can take 12 to 16 weeks. Be patient, the longer you allow the mixture to soak, the richer the vanilla flavor.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Christmas :The earliest herbal stories of Christmas are rooted in the desert of the Holy Land, and begin with the the wisemen bearing gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense to the newborn child.
- Culinary/Kitchen :You already have a powerful natural home health remedies in your kitchen. Culinary
herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme not only add taste to foods, they make the
food you eat better for you.
- Tinctures And Herbal Extracts :Learn how to make and use herbal tinctures, which are simply herbs extracted with alcohol, glycerin, or vinegar. Preserve your own home herbal harvest, and bulk organic herbs in a easy to use form.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies