Holy basil (Tulsi) is used in traditional teas in India for colds, fever, congestion and flu.
For common colds and congestion steep 1/4 teaspoon of basil, 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in 1 cup of hot water. |
Holy Basil * Ginger * Cinnamon *
|Variations:Add a few cloves or a pinch of pepper|
:Use one teaspoon of herbal mixture to each cup of hot water. Drink hot in small doses throughout the day. Keep bundled up against chills. A generous dollop of honey will improve the taste and sooth sore throats. Drink hot 2 to 3 times daily.
|Source: Usha Lad & Dr. Vasant Lad. "Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing" (2006)
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Colds : Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs.
- Congestion :Congestion in the airways, lungs, sinus and chest makes breathing difficult and
being sick even more miserable
- Cough :Homemade cough syrups and herbal medicine teas make use of simple ingredients like honey and
infused with healing herbs.
- Fever :Herbs that reduce fever are used extensively in herbal remedies for colds, flu
and viral infections.
- Flu : Flu, or influenza is not just a severe cold, the flu is caused by a virus. The flu is very contagious,
and preventative measures should include antiseptic and antiviral herbs.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies