Use this natural sunscreen lotion to prevent and protect skin from sun and wind damage. St. John's wort, Shea butter, and PABA are all natural sunscreens, tamanu and coconut oil are two of the best emollient oils. You can increase the SPF by adding more PABA, (Para-amino benzoic acid) PABA is widely used as a natural sunscreen, since it has the ability to absorb ultraviolet rays from the sun and is available from bulk chemical suppliers. This recipe is adapted from Golden Sun Juice by Dina Falconi
You may add essential oils for scent, but make sure you use those that do not cause photosensitivity.|
- 4 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 oz wheat germ oil, or Vitamin E oil
- 4 oz St. Johns wort infused oil
- 3 oz coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon PABA
- 2 tablespoons lecithin
- 10 drops chaparral tincture
St. John's Wort * Tamanu Oil * Shea Nut Butter * Chaparral *
Herbal Oil Infusions
:Combine all the oils, (everything except the PABA and lecithin in a measuring cup and place in a hot water bath. Stir while heating, until all lumps are dissolved. Mix the PABA and lecithin powders together, then add to the oil and wax mixture. Last add the 10 drops of chaparral tincture. Store in a squeeze bottle for easy application.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Burns : Minor burns can be treated at home and will heal on their own. The best thing you can do is reduce the heat, by applying cold water or ice.
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.
- Summer :Summer remedies - the best herbal ice teas to cool down summers heat- plus gardening tips, fresh herbs for grilling - insect bites and summer skin care.
- Sunburns :Herbal remedies like St. Johns wort and tamanu oil offer protection and healing in cases of sunburn.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies