These easy homemade scented cushions release a rosy fragrance every time they are leaned against. The orris root powder extends the life of the scent, but make sure to make the cushion cover removable, and washable, so that the contents can be refreshed when the scent fades. Makes a welcome housewarming or holiday gift.
- 2 oz rose petals
- 1/4 oz lavender flowers
- 5 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp orris root powder
- 10 drops rose oil
- 16 inch square piece of muslin
- 20 inch square peice of batting
- 20 inch square cushion cover
Orris Root * Rose * Lavender * Bay Laurel * Cinnamon *
- Mix the dry herbs, orris root, and rose oil in a bowl.
- Fold the muslin bag in half, twice over to make a bag. Stitch the sides up.
- Fill the muslin bag with the aromatic mixture
- Stitch the bag closed.
- Place the bag on the batting, fold it over and stitch around to create a pad
- Slip into the cushion cover and you are done. Enjoy!
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Aromatherapy :Essential oils are a powerful way to enhance the beauty of your home and health.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies