The summer abundance of fresh basil can be used in uplifting and refreshing summer drinks. Basil can replace or complement mint for a unique taste sensation.
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 4 cups water
- Muddle basil and sugar together
- Add water
- Add citrus juice
- Stir well and let infuse for 20 minutes
- Strain and serve iced
- 2 parts basil lemonade
- 1 part vodka
- splash of sparkling wine
Basil * Lemon Balm *
|Additions: Lemon and Lime slices|
|Variations:Substitute lemon balm or mint for the basil|
:Muddle fresh basil by crushing it with a spoon or with a pestle. Perfect drink to share with good friends on a warm summers night on the front porch swing.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Culinary/Kitchen :You already have a powerful natural home health remedies in your kitchen. Culinary
herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme not only add taste to foods, they make the
food you eat better for you.
- Libations/Cocktails :The use of herbs as intoxicants is an ancient rite of celebration. Herbs like hops and wormwood are used as brewing ingredients
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies