This remedy is an all purpose cold, cough and flu reliever. In addition to its expectorant action, it soothes the throat, opens the lungs, reduces fever, reduces body aches, and helps stop the muscle spasms that trigger coughs. Add boneset for the relief of even the toughest symptoms.
- 1 tablespoon eucalyptus leaves
- 1 tablespoon mullein flowers
- 1 teaspoon yarrow
- 1 teaspoon white willow bark/ and or boneset
- 3 cups water
Boneset * Eucalyptus * Mullein * Yarrow * White Willow *
|Additions: Honey, Lemon|
|Variations:Add Valerian to the mix to ease night time cough|
:Heat willow bark to boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
Pour over eucalyptus, mullein and yarrow mixture, and infuse in covered vessel for 15 minutes, or until cool enough to drink
|Source: Adele Dawson "Herbs: Partners in Life," (2000)
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Bronchitis :A nagging cough that lingers and causes difficulty in breathing is often symptomatic of
- Colds : Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs.
- Congestion :Congestion in the airways, lungs, sinus and chest makes breathing difficult and
being sick even more miserable
- Fever :Herbs that reduce fever are used extensively in herbal remedies for colds, flu
and viral infections.
- Flu : Flu, or influenza is not just a severe cold, the flu is caused by a virus. The flu is very contagious,
and preventative measures should include antiseptic and antiviral herbs.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies