Good news for those who wish to take advantage of all the benefits of bitters in an easy to use form. Making your own bitters at home is easy and cost effective.
This recipe can be used in drinks as well as a digestive tonic
- 1/2 cup dried organic orange peel
- 4 tablespoons supporting aromatics: anise, caraway, fennel, allspice
- 4 tablespoons bitter herbs: Choose one or a combination of: Gentian, Angelica root
- 1 cup high-proof alcohol
- 1 tablespoon sugar dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
Gentian * Angelica * Orange Peel * Caraway * Fennel * Allspice *
:Cover herbs completely - Check the jar the next day and top off if needed. Let stand 4 weeks, strain and rebottle before using.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Digestion : Poor digestion, gas and bloating affect us all, and there are plenty of good herbal home remedies that help occasional heartburn.
- Libations/Cocktails :The use of herbs as intoxicants is an ancient rite of celebration. Herbs like hops and wormwood are used as brewing ingredients
- Tinctures And Herbal Extracts :Learn how to make and use herbal tinctures, which are simply herbs extracted with alcohol, glycerin, or vinegar. Preserve your own home herbal harvest, and bulk organic herbs in a easy to use form.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies