Alcoholism: Recovery And Healing With Herbs
Herbs for alcoholism
Dandelion Root *
Ginseng root *
Milk Thistle Seed *
Passion Flower *
Reishi Mushroom *
The liver takes the brunt of the abuse dished out by long term alcohol abuse, and recovery and healing should begin with healing the liver. Milk thistle is one of the best known and respected herbs for protecting the liver. The silymarin contained in the milk thistle seeds acts to help the liver eliminate toxins, including alcohol. In traditional Chinese medicine,
Reishi mushrooms have been used as a tonic to prevent "fatty-liver" and cirrhosis due to alcohol abuse. Kudzu has shown amazing promise in the fight against problem drinking. Research has shown kudzu can curb the urge to consume alcohol in some populations. Kudzu may be more effective if used in its natural state, such as in kudzu tea. It is possible that persons of East Asian ancestry have the greatest response to kudzu as a treatment for alcohol abuse.
See Also :
- Anxiety :There are many herbal remedies that can support relaxation, ease anxiety, and help us regain balance.
- Aromatherapy :Essential oils are a powerful way to enhance the beauty of your home and health.
- Depression : Depression touches us all in some form, whether directly or in the suffering
of a loved one.
- Holiday_stress :Holiday Blues? This is the time of year we let go and indulge ourselves in rich foods and strong drink.
- Memory/Focus :The ability to focus, and channel our concentration into the task at hand,
whether its work, reading, or play is more important than ever today.
- Sleep/Insomnia :For light to moderate sleeping problems there are effective and safe herbal remedies.
- Stop Smoking :Lobelia and other herbs can help you to ease off nicotine and stop smoking tobacco.
- Stress :Helping the body deal with chronic stress is the very definition of an adaptogenic herb.