Common Colds Prevention
Angelica root *
Anise Seed *
Astragalus root *
Bay Rum essential oil *
Black Pepper *
Cajeput Oil *
Calamus root *
Colt's Foot *
Dandelion Root *
Forsythia Fruit *
Ginger Root *
Holy Basil *
Juniper Berries *
Lemon Balm *
Licorice Root *
Niaouli Oil *
Poke Root *
White Peony root *
White Willow Bark *
Wild Cherry Bark *
Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs that are antibacterial,
as well as those that help reduce fevers, break
up congestion, quiet coughs, and soothe
aches and pains. We still cannot cure the common cold, but many families
have their own trusted home remedies for colds that are treasured and passed
down from generation to generation because they work
so well. Grandma really did know best when it came to home remedies for colds.
Herbal teas with lemon,
eucalyptus, thyme and mint teas,
served with a generous dollop of honey put to shame any store bought chemical
concoctions sold at the drugstore. Homemade hot
chocolate may be the best thing for a child with a cold and you don't
have to hold their noses in order to get them to "take their medicine." My
own favorites are the warming cordials made with black
cherry, elder berries, spices and brandy.
These warming, hardy winter drinks are fun to drink and share with friends,
even if you don't have the sniffles.
See Also :
- Air Fresheners : Once you get accustomed to the natural
and marvelously real aromas of essential oils, you will never be duped into
buying chemical ones again.
- Bronchitis :A nagging cough that lingers and causes difficulty in breathing is often symptomatic of
- Congestion :Congestion in the airways, lungs, sinus and chest makes breathing difficult and
being sick even more miserable
- Cough :Homemade cough syrups and herbal medicine teas make use of simple ingredients like honey and
lemon infused with healing herbs.
- Flu : Flu, or influenza is not just a severe cold, the flu is caused by a virus. The flu is very contagious,
and preventative measures should include antiseptic and antiviral herbs.
- Immune :Tonic herbs help to ward off colds and infections by boosting the immune system.
- Sinus :The cold that lingers may not be just a cold. The congestion and headache may be signs of a sinus infection.
- Sore Throat :Herbal teas, steams, and gargles are
the perfect vehicles for delivering powerful herbal medicine right where you
need it for a sore throat
"Kitchen Medicine" Introducing our brand new Ebook! Read the free sample on your Kindle, smartphone, or computer.
Learn how to get a good nights sleep, cure a cold,
lower your blood sugar, lose weight, and supercharge your energy and vitality
- and so much more..