Congestion: Herbal Remedies For Relief
Angelica root *
Anise Seed *
Cajeput Oil *
Calamus root *
Cayenne Pepper *
Colt's Foot *
Fennel Seed *
Holy Basil *
Horseradish root *
Juniper Berries *
Licorice Root *
Pleurisy Root *
Solomon's Seal *
St. John's Wort *
Wild Cherry Bark *
Congestion in the airways, lungs, sinus and chest makes breathing difficult and
being sick even more miserable, whether it is caused by allergies, colds, or
Aromatic herbs, those that contain volatile essential oils, and expectorants,
those that thin mucus, are the types of herbs used most often to ease breathing.
Essential oils also have important antibacterial and antiviral actions that kill
germs while they ease the breath. The beauty of using real essential oils in a vaporizer or aroma lamp, is that they act on many levels to relieve congestion. One the physical level they help you to breathe easier, while the antibacterial action helps cleanse the air of germs. Just as importantly the light, refreshing scents clear away the mental fatigue and lift your spirits. Inhaling volatile oils makes you feel as if you can breathe easier, even when airflow is not actually increasing.
- Some of the best home remedy decongestants are in your kitchen, onions, garlic, cayenne
pepper, mustard , and
work fast and only cost pennies.
- Eucalyptus, Hyssop, Thyme, and
Peppermint are all great remedies for congestion lend themselves to room vaporizers and diffusers, steam inhalations and foot baths.
- Coltsfoot relieves congestion and is very useful in treating bronchitis, cough, laryngitis, and the common cold. The herb also contains mucilages that coat the throat, relieving irritation.
- Eyebright is also a traditional remedy for nasal congestion and catarrh and may be taken as a tea.
- Steam inhalations of juniper berries are an excellent treatment for colds, coughs and excessive phlegm.
Buy organic bulk herbs, spices, oils and teas
"Kitchen Medicine" Herb profiles and Annies favorite remedies - formatted to read on your Kindle.
Learn how to get a good nights sleep, cure a cold,
lower your blood sugar, lose weight, and supercharge your energy and vitality
- and so much more..
Looking for something you can read offline? Join our mailing list and get a free copy of Methods for Using Herbs. This free handbook includes instructions on how to make basic herbal preparations at home. It covers making herbal teas, herb infused oils and balms, tinctures, and more.