constipation natural relief
Ground flax seed
Constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints in the United States, resulting in about 2 million doctor visits annually. The most common cause of constipation is a diet lacking in fiber. Constipation can lead to a build up of toxins, which can cause numerous health problems. Constipation and digestive distress are common side effects of iron supplements. A spoonful of molasses with 10-15 drops of yellow dock root tincture in a glass of warm water is a better way to increase iron and improve elimination.
- Drinking herbal teas containing gentle laxatives remedies such as dandelion, chicory and chickweed help to keep you regular and prevent constipation.
- Flax seed and psyllium are both safe but efficient intestinal cleansers that provide fiber without all the added sugar and chemicals contained in their commercial counterparts. Be sure to drink enough water when supplementing with fiber.
- The use of harsh purgatives, such as aloe juice and turkey rhubarb should only be used occasionally, when milder herbs and dietary changes have not been effective.
- Cascara Sagrada is a mild laxative, acting principally on the large intestine. It is considered suitable for delicate and elderly persons, and may with advantage be given in chronic constipation, being generally administered in the form of the fluid extract.
- The use of Epsom salts for constipation was a favorite remedy of our grandmothers that still works today and only costs pennies a dose.
- Chickweed Mild Laxative
- Aromatherapy Remedy for Constipation
- Balancing Blend for Digestive Distress
- Bittersweet Stomach Blend
- Chickweed tea
- Chicory - Dandelion root coffee
- Chinese Dock Root Tea
- Cooling Constipation Medicine
- Frangula and Senna Laxative Teas
- Psyllium Seed Bulk Fiber Laxative
- Senna Pod Syrup
- Yellow dock in molasses
Looking for something you can read offline? Join our mailing list and get a free copy of Methods for Using Herbs. This free handbook includes instructions on how to make basic herbal preparations at home. It covers making herbal teas, herb infused oils and balms, tinctures, and more.Fennel seed tea acts as an excellent digestive aid to relieve abdominal cramps, gas and bloating.