Homemade Cough Syrups And Herbal Teas
See Also :
Angelica root *
Beth Root *
Cajeput Oil *
Colt's Foot *
Fennel Seed *
Horseradish root *
Pleurisy Root *
Red Poppy Flowers *
Red Root *
Valerian root *
Wild Cherry Bark *
Homemade cough syrups and herbal medicine teas make use of simple ingredients like honey and lemon infused with healing herbs. Every family has its own favorite cough remedy that is passed down to each generation. These classic folk remedies work as well, if not better than their commercial counterparts.
Aromatic herbs like thyme, Caraway, and eucalyptus do double duty with powerful infection-fighting and cough suppressive qualities.
There are two main categories of herbs that are used in home cough remedies: expectorants and antitussives Use herbal expectorants when you want to clear the lungs of congestion and make coughing more productive. A dry, hacking cough is better served by herbs that calm the reflex to cough and act as mild sedatives.
- Air Fresheners : Once you get accustomed to the natural
and marvelously real aromas of essential oils, you will never be duped into
buying chemical ones again.
- Bronchitis :A nagging cough that lingers and causes difficulty in breathing is often symptomatic of
- Colds : Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs.
- Congestion :Congestion in the airways, lungs, sinus and chest makes breathing difficult and
being sick even more miserable
- Flu : Flu, or influenza is not just a severe cold, the flu is caused by a virus. The flu is very contagious,
and preventative measures should include antiseptic and antiviral herbs.
- Immune :Tonic herbs help to ward off colds and infections by boosting the immune system.
- Sinus :The cold that lingers may not be just a cold. The congestion and headache may be signs of a sinus infection.
Buy organic bulk herbs, spices, oils and teas
"Kitchen Medicine" Herb profiles and Annies favorite remedies - formatted to read on your Kindle.
Learn how to get a good nights sleep, cure a cold,
lower your blood sugar, lose weight, and supercharge your energy and vitality
- and so much more..
Looking for something you can read offline? Join our mailing list and get a free copy of Methods for Using Herbs. This free handbook includes instructions on how to make basic herbal preparations at home. It covers making herbal teas, herb infused oils and balms, tinctures, and more.