Cure For A Stomach Ache: Remedies For Cramps
Many of the same herbal remedies can be used for
abdominal pain, and stomach cramps whether the cause is diarrhea, nervous
spasms, or general stomach discomfort. Antispasmodic
herbs are used prominently
in these herbal remedies to treat the cramping symptoms. They are then combined
with other herbs that target related symptoms to calm nerves, reduce nausea, and ease stomach pain. Aromatherapy oils can also be used in abdominal
massages to ease cramping and stomach pain.
Leg cramps, or charley horses, have very different causes and treatments. The
most common causes are dehydration, and lack of salt or minerals, poor circulation,
and over worked muscles. Walking or stretching often works, as does massage with
oils that improve circulation. Some people swear by ice packs. My personal favorite
home remedy for cramps is to raid the refrigerator for a big, juicy dill pickle.
Opinions vary widely on why, how or if these things work, since most foot and
leg cramps will dissipate on their own after a few minutes.
See Also : Angelica root *
Anise Seed *
Ginger Root *
Valerian root *
White Willow Bark *
- Cholesterol : High cholesterol is directly linked to diet and lifestyle and as such,
using herbs as medicinal foods should be a first line defense and treatment.
- Constipation :Drinking herbal teas containing gentle laxatives remedies such as dandelion, chicory and chickweed help
to keep you regular and prevent constipation.
- Culinary/Kitchen :You already have a powerful natural home health remedies in your kitchen. Culinary
herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme not only add taste to foods, they make the
food you eat better for you.
- Detoxification :Regular use of depurative herbs will help detox your body and most importantly support your liver. Poor liver function is one of the most common root causes of poor health.
- Diabetes :Healthy herbs in the kitchen work along with a healthy lifestyle to help prevent
and manage diabetes. Baked goods are more diabetic friendly with spices like
cinnamon used to lessen the need for sugar.
- Diarrhea : Occasional bouts of diarrhea can be safely treated with home remedies, which
are often more effective than store bought ones.
- Diet/weight Loss :Herbal remedies for weight loss are one of the most popular uses for herbs
and also the most misused and misunderstood.
- Digestion : Poor digestion, gas and bloating affect us all, and there are plenty of good herbal home remedies that help occasional heartburn.
- Gastritis/ulcer :Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Gout :Gout, one of the most painful forms of arthritis, is found primarily in men. While we can't cure it, we do have several highly effective herbal treatments to control it.
- IBS :Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), is a debilitating disorder of the intestines
that comes with abdominal pain, cramps,gas and bloating, and irregular bowel
- Liver :A healthy liver is the foundation of health, and inversely, a failing liver is
- Nutrition :The line between food and medicine is an artificial one. Debilitating, preventable diseases like diabetes and heart disease and directly related to our diet and
it is no coincidence that so many healing herbs and plants are also foods,
"Kitchen Medicine" Introducing our brand new Ebook! Read the free sample on your Kindle, smartphone, or computer.
Learn how to get a good nights sleep, cure a cold,
lower your blood sugar, lose weight, and supercharge your energy and vitality
- and so much more..