Eczema :home Remedies & Herbs Treat To Eczema
Eczema, or dermatitis, is characterized by dry, hot, itchy skin that can become
raw and bleeding in severe cases. Although eczema looks alarming (and feels worse)
it is not contagious. Eczema can be treated with many of the same remedies used for problem skin in general, but cannot be cured. Extra attention to keeping
skin as healthy as possible and working to prevent flare-ups will be a life long
Balsam of Peru *
Benzoin Resin *
Birch bark & leaf *
Borage Seed Oil *
Burdock root *
Cajeput Oil *
Comfrey Root *
Copaiba Balsam *
Evening Primrose Oil *
Gotu Kola *
Jewel Weed *
Juniper Berries *
Kukui Nut Oil *
Sea Buckthorn Oil *
Shea Nut Butter *
Tamanu Oil *
Witch Hazel *
Simple and soothing home remedies using baking soda and oatmeal in baths relieves
itching skin. Studies have shown that highly diluted bleach can decrease bacteria responsible for the secondary infections as well. Applying herbal oils after bathing helps to keep skin hydrated.
Use rich, heavy oils like tamanu, kukui
nut oil, and apricot to
hold in moisture and form a protective barrier. Some find its earthy smell unappealing,
however Neem oil has powerful anti-bacterial
and skin healing prowess that make it especially suited to treating eczema and
other serious skin disorders.
Add a few drops of resinous oils
such as benzoin, myrrh, frankincense, and balsam for even more protection and
See Also :
- Acne :Herbal remedies for acne both clear the skin and heal the scars acne leaves in the wake of a breakout
- Aromatherapy :Essential oils are a powerful way to enhance the beauty of your home and health.
- Cellulite : Cellulite is caused by superficial pockets of trapped
fat, which results in uneven dimpling or "cottage cheese" thighs. In order
to beat it a whole body approach needs to be used, including diet, exercise,
and skin treatments.
- Cuts & Wounds : Knowing how to use simple home remedies for healing and disinfecting cuts and
scrapes an important part in taking care of your family and yourself.
- Facial Care :Natural facial care remedies use organic ingredients that cost only pennies an application.
- Psoriasis : Unlike skin conditions that are the result of external causes, psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, and runs in families (like
it does in mine).
- Rashes :Poison ivy, allergic reactions,
flea and insect bites, diaper rash - these can all be treated at home using your own herbal remedies.
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.
- Stop Smoking :Lobelia and other herbs can help you to ease off nicotine and stop smoking tobacco.
- Varicose Veins :Varicose veins occur when blood leaks back into the vein and collects there,
causing the vein to become congested or clogged. This congestion will cause
the vein to abnormally enlarge.
- Robert B Tisserand. "The Art of Aromatherapy" Healing Arts, (1977) Cedarwood has a pronounced effect on the skin, and is of value in all types of skin eruptions. Its action is sedative, astringent, antiseptic and it relieves itching.
- Maud Grieve. "Modern Herbal Vol 1" Harcourt, (1931) Chickweed plant makes a fine green cooling ointment, that may be employed to treat acne, psoriasis, and eczema
- Borage Seed Oil is known to be beneficial for both topical and internal applications. A good choice for skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema, and sun damaged or aged skin. Regenerating and stimulating for all skin types.,
- James Duke. "The Green Pharmacy Herbal Handbook" Rodale Books, (2000) Sarsaparilla helps inflammatory conditions by acting as a blood purifier. Sarsaparilla soothes psoriasis, and eczema most likely by disabling bacterial components called endotoxins
that show up in the bloodstreams of people with psoriasis, arthritis and gout.
- For weeping eczema, make a tea of comfrey and apply the liquid as a compress. Comfrey relieves pain and speeds healing of pus-filled wounds, and accelerates tissue healing in cases of insect bites.,
- Rich, tropical tamanu oil is healing to serious skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, and diabetic sores and is a luxurious treat for dry, irritated or mature skin.,
- . Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus Colonization in Atopic Dermatitis Decreases Disease Severity , PEDIATRICS Vol. 123 No. 5, (May 2009): A pediatric study published in the online journal Pediatrics showed diluted bleach baths decreased the severity eczema in children.
The diluted bleach baths (about half a cup(125 ml per full bathtub of water) helped decrease bacteria responsible for the secondary infections, and patients did show dramatic improvement. , pp. e808-e814 (doi:10.1542/peds.2008-2217)
- Deni Brown. "Encyclopedia of herbs & their uses" Dorling Kindersley, (1995) Figwort contains aucubin, a mild laxative that increases the amount of uric acid secreted from the kidneys. The herb has a long history of use in Europe in the treatment of skin diseases.
- Mars, Brigitte . The Desktop Guide to Herbal Medicine , , (2008): Sea buckthorn can be applied to the skin in the forms of oils, salves, balms,
or lotions to treat acne, burns dermatitis, eczema, infections, rosacea, and