Natural Remedies For Gout
Gout, one of the most painful forms of arthritis, is found primarily in men. While we can't cure it, we do have several highly effective herbal treatments to control it. The symptoms of gout are often centered in the big toe, causing it to become swollen and extremely painful; but any joint may be affected. If your body produces too much uric acid, or your kidneys aren't working properly to excrete it, an acute gout attack can follow.
Through the ages gout was known as the "disease of kings" because it was believed that a rich (man's) diet caused the disease. This myth is partially true. Diets high in purines (organ meats, fish eggs, sardines, anchovies, beer, and wine) can aggravate gout -- but only in people who have trouble dealing with uric acid. Likewise, eliminating these foods may help reduce chances of an attack, but won't cure the underlying cause. Alcohol, too, can cause an attack or make one worse. Your diet and drinking habits should be fully discussed with your doctor when you begin treatment.
Herbal gout remedies concentrate detoxification to reduce levels of uric acid,
while relieving the pain and swelling.
Herbs for Gout
Cajeput Oil *
Celery Seed *
Chicory root *
Devil's Claw *
Horseradish root *
Juniper Berries *
Sarsaparilla Root *
Yerba Mate *
See Also :
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Detoxification :Regular use of depurative herbs will help detox your body and most importantly support your liver. Poor liver function is one of the most common root causes of poor health.
- Fibromyalgia :Fibromyalgia pain is often accompanied by anxiety,
depression, chronic fatigue,
and insomnia. This collection of symptoms make fibromyalgia a classic example
of a disorder that affects both the body and the emotions, though it is hardy
alone in this.
- Liver :A healthy liver is the foundation of health, and inversely, a failing liver is
- Osteoporosis :Although osteoporosis can affect both men and women, it is more prevalent in women, especially women who have gone through menopause and have lower levels of bone protecting estrogen in their bodies.
- Pain Relief :Herbal remedies can bring blessed relief without having to resort to pain killers.
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.