Cramp Bark *
Dong Quai *
Shepherd's Purse *
Stinging Nettle *
Make your own herbal teas to ease heavy menstrual bleeding and curb heavy or excessive menstrual flow from common, inexpensive herbs you can grow at home.
* Agrimony Tea
* Raspberry leaf tea
* Garden Sage Tea
* Lady's mantle tea
The Family of the Rose
Medicinal plants in the rose family
are some the best woman's botanicals used to slow heavy menstrual bleeding. Agrimony is
one of the ancient medieval wound herbs,(yarrow is
another) that help to stop bleeding both internal and externally. Like all
it's more glamorous relatives agrimony is highly astringent. The tea has a
lemon taste that makes it easy to take. Lady's
Mantle (Alchemilla vulgaris)
is found both in the wild and in the cultivated gardens of wise women. It contains
salicylic acid, tannins and has sedative properties that help to alleviate
cramps and painful menstruation. Raspberry
leaf tea has a time honored country traditional of use to still bleeding
and cramps and discomfort and in the last stages of pregnancy to facilitate
Black Haw Viburnum prunifolium
Its common name is Cramp bark and indeed it is one of the first herbs to consider for uterine cramps and dysmenorrhea. Cramp bark (Black haw) has a high tannin content that slows heavy bleeding and the herb is a gentle sedative as well.
Shepherd's purse Taken alone or combined with yarrow, Shepherd's purse will arrest heavy menstrual bleeding. Both sage and shepherds purse contain chemicals to prevent blood clots from forming, making them useful in heavy menstrual bleeding.
See Also :
- Amenorrhea :Amenorrhea, the medical term for the loss of periods in women who should be having regular periods, is a sign that something in the body has gone wrong.
- Aphrodisiac :As any woman will tell you, the best aphrodisiacs are the ones that work on
the mind/body/spirit; addressing both physical and emotional needs.
- Beauty : Natural beauty comes from nature not labs and factories.
There are many over-the-counter, mass produced, personal care products that can be replaced with a few basic ingredients using these old fashioned remedies for personal care.
- Candida/yeast :Candidiasis is an infection caused by species of Candida fungi, especially Candida albicans
- Children :Safety and common sense are the first things to keep in mind when using home
remedies and herbs to treat small children and babies.
- Female Hormones :Tonic herbs for women help support a woman's natural estrogen and testosterone
levels. Hormonal balance is an important factor in the overall health of women.
- Menopause :Unlike hormone replacement therapy which artificially raises a woman's estrogen
levels, herbal treatments seek to address hormonal balance
- PMS :The effects of PMS range from mild to devastating an include edema, breast pain, depression,nervous tension, cramps, cravings, and more.
- Pregnancy/Childbirth :The herbs used for pregnancy are the same herbs that have been used by midwives
- Women's Herbs :Women over the centuries have used herbal remedies safely and effectively. This tradition is the wise woman's way.