Sinus Infection Home Remedies
The cold that lingers may not be just a cold. The congestion and headache may be signs of a sinus infection. Overuse of decongestant nasal sprays, smoking, and swimming or diving can also increase your risk of getting sinusitis.
Sinus infections can be either acute or chronic. An acute sinus infection follows on the heels of a cold or a bout of hay fever. Chronic sinus infections persist for three months or longer.
One of the best kitchen remedies for congested sinuses is horseradish. It contains therapeutic sulfur-containing compounds that kill germs
while it opens up the sinuses. Stinging nettle contains natural antihistamines and anti-inflammatories (including quercetin), that open up constricted bronchial and nasal passages and may be one the best herbal remedies to other remedy to clear nose & sinus type allergies symptoms.
Herbal remedies for sinus congestion include drinking teas, using baths and foot
baths and steam inhalations.
Aromatherapy is therapeutic for sinus headaches because of the duel actions
of the anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties of the oils and the
relaxing, calming effect they have on the mind. Some good oils to use in
a steam inhalation would be anise, eucalyptus, peppermint and juniper.
See Also :
- Allergies :The causes and cures for allergies vary widely, as do the herbs that will work best for each individual.
- Asthma : There are many old fashioned home remedies that help asthmatics breathe easier.
You need look no further than the kitchen.
Garlic, onions and coffee have been shown to help ease breathing
- Bronchitis :A nagging cough that lingers and causes difficulty in breathing is often symptomatic of
- Colds : Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs.
- Congestion :Congestion in the airways, lungs, sinus and chest makes breathing difficult and
being sick even more miserable
- Green Home :Make your own toxic-free green cleaners using common household ingredients
like vinegar combined with the powder of pure essential oils and herbal extracts.