Five Hundred Points of Good Husbandry, 1573
- Now leeks are in season for pottage ful good
- And spareth the milch cow, and purgeth the blood
- These having with peason, for pottage for Lent
- Thou spareth both oatmeal and bread to be spent.
|Source: Alice Cooke Brown. Early "American Herb Recipes", (1966)
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Archaic :Many early herbal remedies are culled from books in the public domain and continue to be of great interest to modern herbalists and others interested in the history and practice of botanical medicine. They are presented here for informational purposes only, and are not meant to be taken without the knowledge required to adapt them to modern herbal practices.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies