Cannabis can be made into an oil in the same manner as other dried herbs. Since it is a strong psychoactive herb, it must be handled with care and taken with wisdom. Using it in oil or butter form is less accurate standardized dosing than tinctures, but many enjoy it.
It goes almost without saying that medical marijuana laws are enforced in dramatically different ways depending upon where you live.
Cannabis is not suitable for children. Take the smallest dose possible to achieve your desired results. Do not use for extended periods.|
Herbal Oil Infusions
Dosing varies greatly both between individual needs and THC content of the herb. The effects of cannabis are slower when eaten, so keep that in mind before you reach for more.
- Use a 1.5 L water, 1 lb butter or 1 L vegetable oil: 112 gram herb
- Grind the whole herb, leaf, flower and small stems into small particles, but not powder. This is a neat way to use up stems and seeds.
- Place water, butter and herb into a non-reactive pan with a tight fitting
lid. Bring to a boil over a slow heat, then simmer for 2 hours or so, stirring
occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn't stick. Your goal here is to extract
the cannaboids from the herb, while the majority of the water steams off, leaving
the oily,buttery mixture.
- Strain out the herbal matter, pressing out the remaining oil from the leaves.
- Pour into a clean container and let cool, you can speed the cooling process in the refrigerator or freezer.
- When the oil and water have separated, pour off your cannabis butter and
store in cool place
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Herb_Infused_Oil :Herb infused oils are easy to make, even for beginning home herbalists. A warm sunny window, dried or fresh herbs, organic olive oil and a little time is all you need. Remedies using comfrey, calendula, St. Johns wort and others are indispensable healing agents for healing agent for treating cuts, scrapes, chapped skin, diaper rash, eczema, and windburn etc..
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies