Wild cherry cough syrup
This wonderful syrup will sooth a sore throat and calm coughs. Tastes great too, you won't have to fight the family to get them to take it.
Anise * Cinnamon * Fennel * Ginger * Valerian * Wild Cherry *
:Use 2 ounces of dried herbs to 1 quart of pure water. Simmer herbs over low heat until you reduce the liquid by half. Strain and mix liquid with 1 cup of honey to 2 cups herbal infusion while still warm. If you are in a hurry, (or sick yourself), you can simplify this recipe by making a quick decoction of the herbs by bringing them to a boil them simmering for 10 minutes. Then add the honey to taste.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Bronchitis :A nagging cough that lingers and causes difficulty in breathing is often symptomatic of
- Colds : Be prepared for the cold and flu season by stocking your herbal medicine
chest with a ready supply of herbs.
- Cough :Homemade cough syrups and herbal medicine teas make use of simple ingredients like honey and
infused with healing herbs.
- Honey :Honey is not just a sweetener for your herbal teas. Raw, organic honey is an active healing agent adding valuable antiseptic and demulcent properties to your home herbal remedies.
- Sore Throat :Herbal teas, steams, and gargles are
the perfect vehicles for delivering powerful herbal medicine right where you
need it for a sore throat
- Syrup :Home cough and cold syrups using honey, glycerin and herbs. Recipes for slippery elm cough syrup and old fashioned elderberry rob.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies