This recipe is inspired by Rosemary Gladstars's classic fire cider remedy. It
combines some of the best antibacterial and immune stimulating foods in your
kitchen, namely garlic, onions, horseradish, and ginger in a spicy, sweet and
hot mix. It can be taken in small sips as a daily winter time tonic, or added
to hot teas as a remedy for colds and coughs. In the kitchen it works as a spicy
salad salad dressing and adds flavor to all manner of vegetable dishes. Once you
try your first batch you may be inspired to add your own inspirations to the
mix; try lemon or orange peel, turmeric, fennel seeds and more. Feel free to
add more immune stimulating roots like Echinacea or astragalus Adjust the hotness/sweetness
to suit your own tastes. There are many as many variations of fire cider as there
are home herbalists.
Cayenne Pepper * Garlic * Horseradish *
- Chop fresh garlic, onions, and horseradish into small pieces.
- Grate fresh ginger.
- Fill a quart jar half way with the chopped herbs.
- Cover with vinegar.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Let the herbs and vinegar infuse for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Strain and add honey to taste.
Gladstar, Rosemary. "Herbal Healing for Women",(1993)
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Circulation :Poor circulation makes itself felt in many ways including fatigue, poor concentration
and swelling in legs and feet.
- Congestion :Congestion in the airways, lungs, sinus and chest makes breathing difficult and
being sick even more miserable
- Culinary/Kitchen :You already have a powerful natural home health remedies in your kitchen. Culinary
herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme not only add taste to foods, they make the
food you eat better for you.
- Detoxification :Regular use of depurative herbs will help detox your body and most importantly support your liver. Poor liver function is one of the most common root causes of poor health.
- Immune :Tonic herbs help to ward off colds and infections by boosting the immune system.
- Longevity Tonics :Tonic herbs for longevity can be taken in small amounts over a long period of time, and are not meant to alter or effect any one symptom or disease.
- Nutrition :The line between food and medicine is an artificial one. Debilitating, preventable diseases like diabetes and heart disease and directly related to our diet and
it is no coincidence that so many healing herbs and plants are also foods,
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies