Rosemary and Olive Oil
Rosemary infused oil is one of my favorite ways to use cuttings from my rosemary plants. Rosemary oil makes a fabulous massage oil sore muscles, backaches, and soothe arthritis pain. It is also very soothing and healing to skin, and makes a good hot oil hair treatment. Rosemary oil is great in the kitchen too, use it to baste chicken and pork roasts, or as a salad dressing.
Herbal Oil Infusions
- Strip the leaves from the woody stems, and bruise to help release the essential oil.
( a rolling pin works well for this)
- Pack a mason jar closely but loosely with rosemary leaves and cover completely with olive oil, leaving a half inch of headroom in the jar.
- Leave jar in sunny window, or anywhere you can apply a slow, steady heat and allow to infuse for 2 to 4 weeks
- Strain and allow to stand overnight to allow any water to separate from the oil.
- Pour off the top into a clean jar
- If you only plan on using the oil in skin and hair care, add and a pinch of Vitamin E oil to the finished oil, and/or enhance the scent with rosemary essential oil. Unscented rosemary oil can be used in cooking as well as a salad oil.
- Store finished oil in a dark colored bottle, and keep in a cool place.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Hair :Both whole herbs and essential oils can be used to promote hair and scalp health.
- Herb_Infused_Oil :Herb infused oils are easy to make, even for beginning home herbalists. A warm sunny window, dried or fresh herbs, organic olive oil and a little time is all you need. Remedies using comfrey, calendula, St. Johns wort and others are indispensable healing agents for healing agent for treating cuts, scrapes, chapped skin, diaper rash, eczema, and windburn etc..
- Nerve/Back Pain : Nerve pain is more difficult to treat than other types of muscle and joint
pain. This is something you know well if you have had a lower back injury or
slipped disc; sciatica can be devastating.
- Pain Relief :Herbal remedies can bring blessed relief from body aches, sore muscles, headaches and arthritis pain..
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies