Fresh rue leaves and flowers
Rue should be gathered just as the flower buds start to bloom in the spring or
early summer, depending on where you live. Let yourself pause for a moment and
consider the centuries long line of wise women, herbalists, gardeners, and healers
who have stood, just as you stand now, ready to reap this ancient plant as a
defense against pain, pestilence, and evil minded
witches. You don't have to put much stock in the magical properties of rue to
feel the powerful connection you are making with the past when you continue the
tradition of making use of rue. I will dry a small amount to put away for use
in winter tea, but the majority of the rue will be infused into oil, vinegar,
or made into liniments for external applications. Rue oil eases the pain of arthritis,
headaches, and general aches and pains. It is anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and
antibacterial and helps to protect against free radicals. Rue oil has been
used to treat varicose veins as well.
Herbal Oil Infusions
:Harvest by cutting 3 to four inches of the newest green top stems, leaves, and
flowers. Let wilt on the stems for 24 hours to decrease the amount of water and
let any critters depart peaceably.
Combine rue, oil, and vodka a wide mouth jar or pan, covering loosely to allow
for water evaporation. Infuse with a low steady heat of apx. 100 degrees F. (oil
should be hot, but never near smoking).
After 10 to 14 days strain well, and store in a clean bottle in a cool cupboard.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Arthritis :There are many other herbal medicines that fight inflammation and relieve pain; you will find the details on how to use them in the following pages.
- Fibromyalgia :Fibromyalgia pain is often accompanied by anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue
- Headache/Migraine :Headaches can be triggered by a variety of factors, such as muscle tension, fatigue and emotional upsets.
- Insect Repellent :Getting rid of insects,pests and mosquitoes. There are many benefits of using natural insect repellent remedies rather than commercial sprays based on toxins.
- Pain Relief :Herbal remedies can bring blessed relief from body aches, sore muscles, headaches and arthritis pain..
- Rheumatoid_arthritis :There are many herbal remedies that can help to ease
rheumatoid arthritis pain ,and many have a long history of use.
- Varicose Veins :Varicose veins occur when blood leaks back into the vein and collects there,
causing the vein to become congested or clogged. This congestion will cause
the vein to abnormally enlarge.