Dried calendula flowers with ointment
This smooth, velvety ointment is specifically formulated to treat psoriasis,
but is healing to dry, chapped skin as well. Calendula flowers impart a deep
tint to the pale yellow colored safflower oil along with extra antibacterial
healing properties. Turmeric is especially valued in Ayurvedic skin care.
Turmeric oil can cause some staining to skin.|
Calendula * Safflower Oil * Turmeric *
- Make the base oil by infusing dried
calendula flowers in safflower oil for 2 weeks.
- Heat the oil and wax together in a double boiler, or heatproof Pyrex measuring
cup in a water bath, until the wax is completely melted.
- Pour into clean glass jar
- Add turmeric oil while still warm, but not set.
- Add a few drops of essential oil for scent (optional)
- Cap and store. Its ready to use.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Eczema :Eczema, or dermatitis, is characterized by dry, hot, itchy skin that can become
raw and bleeding in severe cases
- Psoriasis : Unlike skin conditions that are the result of external causes, psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, and runs in families (like
it does in mine).
- Salve :Home recipes for healing balms and salves for your home herbalist first aid kit. Blister balms, cold sores, cuts, scrapes, rashes, sunburn, good for almost any skin irritations.
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.
- Summer :Summer remedies - the best herbal ice teas to cool down summers heat- plus gardening tips, fresh herbs for grilling - insect bites and summer skin care.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies