Tooth And Gum Pain: Personal Care
Fight tooth decay, gum disease and calm tooth pain with these easy home remedies.
Canker sores/gum care:
Calendula benefits gums with its antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and immune-stimulating compounds. Tincture of goldenseal and other herbs with berberine can be applied directly for infections, canker sores, and ulcers of the mouth. Myrrh tincture or as a wash is good for spongy gums. Turmeric powder mixed in warm water has been a used as a home remedy for cancer sores for some time It has many medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial activity that could explain why it is a useful dental and oral care treatment. Decoctions of willow bark tea can be used as a gargle to treat inflamed gums. Neem
leaf powder can be used as an effective tooth powder to fight plaque and gingivitis when mixed with astringent
herb powders and/or baking soda. A few drops of Tea tree oil on a clean wet toothbrush and applied to the gums with a cotton swab helps sensitive teeth and receding gums.
Bay Laurel *
Neem Oil *
Oak Bark *
Red Root *
Tea Tree oil *
Fight tooth decay
Cocoa contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay. This fact will not overcome the fact that it cocoa is often prepared with copious amounts of sugar. Cranberry extracts have also shown promise in the prevention of tooth decay. Research suggests that gum arabic may be useful as a chewing gum to prevent dental plaque. Cardamom is perhaps the best source of cineole, a strong antiseptic that kills the bacteria responsible for bad breath and tooth decay. The FDA has approved bloodroot for use in commercially available toothpastes and oral rinses to inhibit the development of dental plaque and gingivitis. Be aware though bloodroot in the raw state is poisonous and root juice is corrosive.
Ear and Tooth ache
Clove oil is virtually pure eugenol, a powerful, multifaceted phytochemical that anesthetizes and kills bacteria. Clove oil has been used for generations to relieve pain from toothache
Another good essential oil to have on hand to fight tooth infections and toothache is Thyme .
Ear and tooth pain are not always from the same causes, but they both seem to aggravate the other. A pillow of warm Hops will often relieve toothache and earache. Mullein oil is another classic ear oil, two or three drops of this oil in the ear 2 or 3 in the day. Garlic oil is also another good antibacterial oil for ear infections that can be made easily at home.
See Also :
- Beauty : Natural beauty comes from nature not labs and factories.
There are many over-the-counter, mass produced, personal care products that can be replaced with a few basic ingredients using these old fashioned remedies for personal care.
- Deodorants/Perfumes :. These natural, non-toxic bases replace the aluminum chloride
and boric acid used in OTC deodorants and antiperspirants.
- Ear :Herbal oils such as bay, garlic, and mullein oil can be dropped into the ears to relieve pain.
- First_aid :The most important ingredient in any home first aid kit would have to be common sense. Once you make a good judgement call that the situation doesn't warrant professional attention, delve into your well stocked herbal medicine chest for some of these home herbal remedies.
- Halitosis :Herbs and essential oils can be made into very effective mouthwash remedies to sweeten breath
- Nausea :Use these simple remedies for quick relief of nausea, nervous stomach, motion
sickness, morning sickness and quell nausea of all types.