This light, aromatic infused oil can be used as a whole body oil for soothing
rough, dry skin, healing rashes or just for the sake of how wonderfully soft
and smooth it leaves your skin . It is a good way to use fresh cut lavender
buds, but good quality, aromatic dried flower heads can also be used.
Chamomile * Lavender * Rose * Geranium *
|Additions: You can enhance the scent by adding essential oils of lavender, rose and/or geranium essential oils to the finished oil. |
|Variations:Add chamomile flowers, rose petals, or lemon balm leaves to the mix |
Herbal Oil Infusions
- Break apart lavender buds and loosely fill clean,dry jar.
- The base oil should be a lightly scented one like almond. Pour oil over the chopped
herbs, completely covering the flowers. When using dried flowers allow room for expansion as the flowers take up the oil by leaving a few inches of liquid at the top. Check for moisture and dry any condensation that forms at the top of jar when using fresh plants.
- Let infuse for about 3 weeks in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
- Strain well, removing all bits of plant material and rebottle for use.
Tags and Uses for this Remedy
- Aromatherapy :Essential oils are a powerful way to enhance the beauty of your home and health.
- Beauty : Natural beauty comes from nature not labs and factories.
There are many over-the-counter, mass produced, personal care products that can be replaced with a few basic ingredients using these old fashioned remedies for personal care.
- Deodorants/Perfumes :. These natural, non-toxic bases replace the aluminum chloride
and boric acid used in OTC deodorants and antiperspirants.
- Facial Care :Natural facial care remedies use organic ingredients that cost only pennies an application.
- Herb_Infused_Oil :Herb infused oils are easy to make, even for beginning home herbalists. A warm sunny window, dried or fresh herbs, organic olive oil and a little time is all you need. Remedies using comfrey, calendula, St. Johns wort and others are indispensable healing agents for healing agent for treating cuts, scrapes, chapped skin, diaper rash, eczema, and windburn etc..
- Massage Oils :The blend of the healing touch of massage and aromatic massage oils blends helps make self massage at home a powerful healing modality.
- Skin Care :Natural, organic skin care remedies do a better job of protecting and healing skin than store bought cosmetics.
Buy Bulk Herbs and Supplies