weight loss naturally with herbs
Fennel Seed Tea
Bitter Orange * Cacao * Chickweed * Coconut oil * Coffee * Coleus Forskohlii * Eleuthero ginseng Root * Fennel Seed * Garcinia Fruit * Grapefruit * Guarana * Gurmar * Hibiscus * Hoodia * Kelp/Bladderwrack * Oolong Tea * Pomegranate * Prickly Pear * Psyllium * Spirulina * Stevia * Tea * White Kidney Bean * White Willow Bark * Yacon Root * Yerba Mate *
Everyday we are bombarded with pitches for natural weight loss products on TV, on the radio, and those annoying pop up ads on the web. Most of these take the form of cleverly named, overpriced supplements that mash together a potpourri of weight loss herbs in a proprietary blend (meaning we want to hide the ingredients). Herbal supplements that contain a laundry list of every popular diet herb not only cost much more than bulk herbs, some are downright unsafe. You have better and cheaper options right in your kitchen.
- Acai berry smoothie
- Chickweed tea
- Damiana and Mate Weight loss tea
- Fennel seed Tea
- Garcinia and Orange Diet Tea
- Green and red tea break
- Hibiscus and Garcinia Fat Burner Hibiscus and Ginger Tea , Hibiscus Tea Honeybush Tea
- Psyllium Seed Bulk Fiber Laxative
- Red and gold - Rooibos and ginseng
- Reishi and Ginseng Morning Energy
- Reishi Blend diet tea
- Rooibos and yerba mate
- Rose petal Oolong tea
- Suma root morning tea
- Super Green Power Shake
- Trikatu for dieters
- Yerba Mate Blends for weight loss Yerba mate tea
Homemade Diet Helpers : Cacao Recent studies show that adults who eat chocolate on a regular basis are actually thinner that those who don't and that modest, regular chocolate consumption might be calorie-neutral. Natural Theobromine in chocolate produces an enjoyable "feel-good" effect in your brain. This positive feeling can help support your diet goals along with cardiovascular exercise and reduced calorie intake. Adding cayenne to your diet plan is a no-brainer. Cayenne, along with other peppers strengthen digestion and lessen the change of bacterial infections from unsanitary food and water. Cayenne peppers also lessen the gas and bloating that comes from eating heavy, greasy foods. Cayenne helps boost your metabolism and induces the body to burn off more fat. 1 Grapefruit Grapefruit increases circulation, stimulates the lymphatic system, and has a cleansing effect on the kidneys which may help to regulate body weight with regular use. Pomegranate The punicic acid found in pomegranates is an especially powerful form of CLA, which has been shown to be beneficial in the fight against cancer, obesity, diabetes and heart disease. There seems to be no downside other than cost in adding pomegranate juice to your daily diet. 4 Psyllium If you are looking for appetite suppression, don't forget the less glamorous herbs that provide fiber. Psyllium can help you eat fewer calories and still feel full. Natural psyllium acts as a safe and effective weight loss aid. The seeds expand in your stomach, increasing the feeling of fullness and slowing down the absorption of simple carbs. White, Linda B. M.D. Stevia The sweet leaves of this plant are a pleasant and guilt free alternative to sugar. Tea (Black or Green) Many studies indicate that green tea has positive effects in metabolic syndrome and weight loss. 3 The importance of caffeine was also highlighted in these studies, green tea catechins taken alone had no significant effects. White willow is used in many weight loss formulas for it's ability to raise the metabolic rate and enhance the action of other herbs. Turmeric is one of the most healthy and inexpensive spices used in cooking, but it also may help to limit weight gain from a high fat diet. Curcumin, a constituent of turmeric, acts by preventing the formation of fatty tissue. 1
The best way to avoid gimmicks and false promises is to buy pure, organic bulk herbs and make your own weight loss teas from them. Not only will you be assured of quality and freshness, but you can fine tune your diet formula to suit your own unique metabolism.
Bitters & Syrups
Looking for something you can read offline? Join our mailing list and get a free copy of Methods for Using Herbs. This free handbook includes instructions on how to make basic herbal preparations at home. It covers making herbal teas, herb infused oils and balms, tinctures, and more.
- . Curcumin Inhibits Adipogenesis , Journal of Nutrition, (May 2009): A new study published in the May, 2009 issue of The Journal of Nutrition concludes "Our findings suggest that dietary curcumin may have a potential benefit in preventing obesity." Curcumin, a constituent of turmeric, acts by preventing the formation of fatty tissue. The study was conducted on mice fed a high-fat diet (22%) supplemented with 500 mg curcumin/kg diet for 12 wk. ,
- Phyllis A. Balch. "Prescription for Herbal Healing" Avery, (2002) Overweight. A clinical study conducted by scientists at Laval University in Quebec found that eating cayenne at breakfast decreased appetite and led to lower fat and calorie intake throughout the day. Cayenne helps boost your metabolism and induces the body to burn off more fat instead of storing it in the body
- Narender Kumar Jain, Maqsood Siddiqi, J. H. Weisburger . Protective effects of tea on human health , , (2006): As well as green tea, oolong tea is also traditionally know to have anti-obesity and hypolipidemic effects. Recently, Han et al. showed that oolong tea has an anti-obesity action in mice fed a high-fat diet.,
- By Robert A. Newman, Ephraim P. Lansky, Melissa Lynn Block . Pomegranate: The Most Medicinal Fruit , Basic Health Publications, Inc, (2007): Antioxidant polyphenols in pomegranate juice, peels and seed oil protect against obesity by helping to restore balance in insulin-resistant people.
- Zulfaqar Dudhia, Johan Louw, more.. . Cyclopia maculata and Cyclopia subternata (honeybush tea) inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 pre-adipocytes , Phytomedicine Volume 20, Issue 5 , (15 March 2013): Research published in the March 2013 Journal of Phytomedicine found that honeybush tea inhibits fat accumulation in cellular and animal models of obesity. Drinking honeybush tea may slow your body's fat storage and even help to burn existing fat store., Pages 401-408,